Chocolate Fudge Cream (made with salted Breton butter)
This scrumptious chocolate fudge cream made with salted butter comes from the Cercle Culinaire de Rennes in Ille-et-Vilaine.
First, make the fudge sauce. Place the sugar in a saucepan and add the water. Cook until a light golden colour. Remove from the heat and add the 100ml single cream. Mix and cook for a few minutes, then away from the heat gradually add the butter (very cold and cut into small pieces).
- Grate the chocolate into a large bowl and gradually add the fudge.
- Mix with a spatula and allow to cool slightly.
- Whip the single cream until it sticks to the whisk, then gently add it to the mixture.
- Pour into individual dishes, cover with cling-film and refrigerate for 3 or 4 hours.
Bon appétit !
Cercle culinaire de Rennes
Tips from the Chef
How to whip cream
Refrigerate the utensils (bowl and whisk) and the cream for 20 minutes before use.
A healthy hint
10g of butter and 50ml of crème fraîche per person contain the same amount of fat as a portion of cheese.
Clairette de Die
Photo : C. Herlédan / Cercles Culinaires de France
(for 4 peoples)
- 100g milk chocolate
- 300 ml single cream
- (30% fat content)
For the fudge
- 100g sugar
- 2 tsp water
- 100 ml single cream (30% fat content)
- 100g Guérande salted butter